Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Victory and a Set Back...everythings Zen...

Sorry it has been so long since my last post, but life has a way of slowing you down.  I had planned on posting everyday but low and behold my laptop said "not on your life!". Long story short the lap top is all better and the posting can resume. So that was my set back, now to the victory. My kitchen, laundry room and dining room table are all clean!!! YAY ME!!! I have noticed that as my home become cleaner, my mood when I get home is better.  I have done some short research and have found that have a messy house can not only effect your mood (and in extreme cases lead to depression), it can also effect your overall health ( having trouble sleeping anyone? Tense shoulders? This can be a factor...) esp. if you have allergies and asthma. I am in no way done yet, I still have 2 bathrooms that need a deep clean, a bedroom and....the office. (I don't even want to think about cleaning that yet...yikes!) But I am making progress. I am actually enjoying this process. I am finding things I thought were gone, and loosing the things I no longer need. It has amazed me how much I have collected over the last two years. When the husband and I moved two years ago I did a major purge of the house then, and I have managed to put it all back! But thats okay, I am dealing with it now.  And now I am beginning to see how nice it is to be zen like.  I have more moments where I am calm, and can turn my bad moods around faster.  I know that I tend to take things really personally, even when they are not and I am trying to see these situations clearer and let things go when I can. I am in no way a zen master, but for the moment in my life everythings zen...well zen enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment